General Assembler / Laborer
Kit Masters – Perham, MN
Kit Masters is a rapidly growing, family owned manufacturing company located in Perham, MN. We are currently seeking a General Assembler / Laborer who is able to perform warehouse operations including organizing and assembling components into a sub assembly or final assembly.
Job Duties: Monday – Friday, 8 – 4:30pm (1st Shift)
- Production, including producing high volumes of parts with exceptional quality.
- Rebuild parts and box them when needed.
- Packing, properly packaging high volumes of parts for shipping, including but not limited to wrapping, boxing, and labeling.
- Detail oriented, must ensure the customer has all components required in every kit shipped.
- Accurately calculating and verifying quantities, and using computers to maintain records and track components within high-volume warehouse environments.
- Fulfill daily orders for special customer groups, including requesting, building, boxing, palleting and weighing parts.
- Accurately use internal product management system to create work orders, location transfers, etc to maintain inventory.
- Preparing special orders for shipment using EDI website to create labels and packing lists.
- Shipping special orders using UPS system or LTL requests, as well as sending ASNs via EDI once tracking numbers are available.
- Manage material requests for orders that are due 3-6 weeks out from receipt of purchase order.
- Manage backordered materials and build/ship when available.
- Communicate with customers when required.
- Manually and mechanically able to move materials within the warehouse.
- Follow oral instructions to determine work assignments, material and equipment needs.
- Safety, ability to maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations, as well as keep a safe and clean work environment.
- Other duties may be assigned by Supervisor as needed.
- Ability to remember and understand instructions and functions of the position.
- Ability to use pneumatic and basic tools with aide of fixtures to assemble components for shipment to customers, including packaging the finished product.
- Ability to be flexible and move around to different jobs.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Teamwork, work with other departments to make sure that the part and processes are supported.
- Communication, able to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Attention to Detail and able to multi-task.
- Willing to Learn, self-motivated, and to train others.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs., and is free of lifting restrictions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Mechanically inclined strongly preferred.
Kit Masters offers competitive wages and benefits. Kit Masters is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities.
Qualified candidates should apply by emailing their resume to Karen.Meyer@kitmasters.com